Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Black Tie Dinner...Halloween 2005

Halloween night Monday Oct 31st was a great food night.

I attended a Black Tie fundraiser at New York Central Park Boathouse. The meal was exquisite. Of course, the family back home had to contend with KFC. It started with a fresher than fresh, Salmon Carpaccio, a musclun salad (nicely dressed) followed. The main courses choices were Filet Mignon or Salmon. I chose the steak. Tender...mmm.

There were some nondescript veggies on the plate as a nest for the beef, which I couldn't exactly makeout in the candlelight room (some pieces looked like Shitaki mushrooms). Everyone around me said the veggies, whatever it was, were good. Dessert was a decadent warm chocolate torte with a chocolate ganache center.

Tonight, I'm cooking a birthday dinner for my daughter. She loves Lobster. So it's the big Sea Roach, tonight. Those big stockpots are key to cooking lobsters. Wrestle those babies into the stockpot and say a silent prayer for them. Drawn butter and a loaded baked potato are a must!

Tomorrow, I'm off to another Black Tie event and hopefully, another great meal. Will report all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home