Saturday, November 19, 2005

Black Tie Dinner...Again

Another Black Tie Dinner meal. Poor ole me...or make that my poor ole family. I'm usually the one slaving everyday to fix a dinner and now for a change, dinner out (just for me) and a fabulous Black Tie dinner to boot.

This time, I travelled to NYC's Hilton Hotel. There were over 800 guests at this educational organization's annual gala. I was pleasantly surprised when I saw the table's floral setting was beautiful, creamy white calla lilies. I knew I was in for a real treat when I learned the dinner was a "Buffet". Tables and tables of great food. And seconds if you wanted. I did.

A wonderful seafood bar with fresh oysters on the half-shell (cold and creamy going down) , crab claws and tons of sweet shrimp. There was a somewhat disappointing Soul Food station with not so good looking Fried chicken and fish, passable barbecue ribs but some half-way decent Collard Greens (Can you say Glory?).

I went back for seconds. Salad stations, Pasta tables, dessert tables. Great!!! An unlimited Dirty Martinis. Another memorable food night.

Well, it's back to the kitchen stove for me. Thanksgiving looms.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home